Gratitude We are grateful:
1. To our parents, who meticulously documented our achievements. You made writing this book easier.
2. To our relatives and friends for sharing their childhood memories and anecdotes.
3. To Kiran, for agreeing to share her personal photographs.
4. To the teams at India Vision Foundation, Navjyoti India Foundation, and at home for their unending support.
5.To our illustrator, Gittu Khalil, for translating our childhood memories into visuals so accurately.
6. To our publisher, Narender Verma, for envisioning the series on Kiran's life and work, as a legacy for the coming generation.
7. To our editor, Dr. Amrita Bahl and the school children who shared their views in the focus group discussions for adding the 'youth' perspective and keeping the focus on the larger message of the series.
About the Authors
Dr. Reeta Peshawaria Menon: A leading clinical psychologist in the field of learning disabilities, she transformed the lives of many with her pioneering work in Autism Spectrum Disorders. She authored several books on Functional Analysis and behavior modification. This book was conceptualized by her. Anu Peshawaria: The youngest of the four children, Anu Peshawaria is settled in Seattle. A former national tennis champion and a Wimbeldon player, she currently practices immigration law in the United States.
About the Editor
Dr. Amrita Bahl: A graduate of Teachers College Columbia University, Amrita believes that health and education form the foundation of any country’s success on the global platform. Presently, she is consulting with corporate entities on monitoring & evaluation frameworks to facilitate impact assessments.
About the Series
It was my dream to publish life story in pictures on Dr. Kiran Bedi, who is a source of inspiration and encouragement for the youth. She makes us imbibe how to be notable and remarkable in her ceaseless and constant accomplishments and deeds to work in a noble manner for the society.
-Narender Kumar Verma